Pervert’s Guide to Ideology is a metafilm from 2013, and just as it’s prequel — The Pervert’s Guide to Cinema — written, presented and narrated by Žižek and directed by Fiennes, who use their interpretation of moving pictures to present a compelling cinematic journey into the heart of ideology — the dreams and beliefs that shape our common practices. Twenty-five cinema pieces are discussed and represented this time, from the fascist classic The Sound of Music, American soldier comedy MASH, Gilliam’s sci-fi Brazil, Kubrick’s war flick Full Metal Jacket to Carpenter’s surreal They Live.
The film in its entirety has been replicated here from a commercial DVD without authorization for archival purposes.
- Synopsis written, and file created on 18th March 2021 at 11AM with Handbrake free open source software for archive of theoryreader.org
- Audio in English, AC3 5.1
- Video is 2h 10min 28sec in length, H.264 10-bit (x264) encoded, widescreen format, with cropped black edges
- The file is 1.58 GB in size, contained in Matroska .mkv, uploaded and hosted on mega.nz encrypted cloud storage
- Video Lan Client (VLC) video playback software recommended for .mkv on Linux, Windows, Mac and Android.
Rating: PEGI 15
(contains very strong language, strong violence, nudity and sex references)