This biographical documentary explores the personality of Slavoj Žižek with short reflections on topics such as love, politics, philosophy, etc.
Please note that the run for presidency in 1990’s Slovenia might have been slightly misportrayed and skewed in the film due to the director’s unfamiliarity with the local political landscape at the time.
Although clips from the documentary of various length have been circulating online since its release, the film in its entirety has been replicated here from a commercial DVD without authorization for archival purposes.
- Synopsis written and file created on 16th March 2021 at 11PM with Handbrake free open source software for archive of theoryreader.org
- Audio in English with a bit of Slovene, 192bit stereo AAC encoded
- Video is 69min 8sec in length, H.264 10-bit (x264) encoded in 716 x 448 resolution, cropped black edges
- File 659 MB in size, contained in Matroska .mkv, uploaded and hosted on mega.nz encrypted cloud storage
- Video Lan Client (VLC) video playback software recommended for .mkv on Linux, Windows, Mac and Android.
Director: Astra Taylor
Producer: Lawrence Konner
Editor and Sound Recordist: Laura Hanna
Director of Photography: Martina Radwan and Jesse Epstein
Animator: Molly Schwartz
Composer: Jeremy Barnes
Produced by The Documentary Campaign
Cover artwork: Adrian Curry, Zeitgeist films
Rating: PEGI 12, Contains two uses of strong language
Copyright: The Documentary Campaign Inc., 2006
Packaging copyright: ICA Films, 2007